http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:04 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hello: First off I had problems getting a stock safety to work on a VZ 24 found the problem was the trigger sear was worn. Now with a scope I must go to a low profile trigger so I chose the Timney and I am beginning to regret that decision contacted Timney we cant help except to tell me to search the net and not any help..
So the help I need. The cocking piece is right. Problem lies in once installed it will not rotate, not even touching the cocking piece, seems to be hitting the bolt. What am I doing wrong or not seeing or filing or machine work I still need to do.
Thanks in advance for all help given.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Welcome Dennis.
Pictures of your problem will be a great help.
Did you get the trigger with built in safety or a low profile safety that goes on the bolt? - Bill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

If you are installing a wing safety you may need to remove some metal from the cocking piece where the safety engages. Have done it several times with a knife sharpening stone and generally it only takes a few minutes, once you have the bolt apart you can see where you need to relief the metal. You do not need to take off very much. Getting the bolt apart and back together is more work then actually fixing the cocking piece especially if you haven't done it before.