http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VZ-52 Handguard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:53 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Anyone know where to find one? I'm trying to complete my newly acquired vz-52. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: VZ-52 Handguard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Originals aren't available anywhere. The only repros I've seen are all wood instead of the wood and sheet metal like the originals.

Please contact me if you have any of the following shooters for sale/trade:
G 43, SVT 40, G 98/40, Rasheed, Vz 52/57, G 98a, Camp 45

*.*!*!*!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:32 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Yea, that's probably why I haven't found one anywhere. I saw posts from years back about repros. I'll keep looking around. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:22 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

:violin: :think: :snooty: A hard find, but maybe you can find one of the black goo -bed liner coated Czechoslovakia VZ 52s that some one put into a new repro stock and still has the black coated hand guard. This hard black coating can be removed. The problem with the black coated VZ 52s was the stocks were badly cracked , screwed together, dings and screws covered with putty, and then the garbage stock coated so one did not see the bad state of the lower stock. Original stocks in good condition are worth more than the rifle. So in about 5 years you should come onto one. Join all the forums and ask a get to know all the people at the shows. Those black coated VZ52 are dogs that do not sell too well, unless you got new metal in a junk stock or you are very lucky an find an intact stock and great metal--- then they go at very high prices about 2x what they book at. Now try to find one in that condition :shifty:
It is also expensive on ammo. About like my French .32 long pistols the 1935 A and S, =D> they are cheep because no ammo or parts. But I love then- $2 a round to fire :doh:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Grant you any surplus firearm can have hidden problems. Not all the black trunk paint ones are junk and the big reason they painted them. They painted them black because the original finish on them looked like the person finishing the stocks had greasy palms and the very dense skulls of the masses thought they were bad. So they paint them black so they look like the modern MSR's. When these first came out they were dirt cheap and there was a ton of surplus ammo. I think I have around 1000 rounds of it. I have 40 rounds made from 220 swift and I just got 100 rounds of 6.5 M-S which is supposed to be easier than 220 swift. If ever there was a replacement for the 30-30 this round is it. It's running the same bullets in the 7.62X39 at 2500+ FPS!!! My favorite load is running 2582 avg FPS and even with my 58 year old eyes I can get a 1.5" group 5 shots at 100 yards. The barrel on mine is as bright and shiney as any used or new rifle I have. Even the barrel port under the piston has very little scoring.
I just got the cleaning kit for this rifle last week. The stocks on these rifles is week at the wrist due to the big hole they drilled down thru it for the receiver stop. So if you try to sweep butt someone with the butt, the stock will probably break. Under normal use the way this action works, it is really slick and smooth, the recoil pulse is light and it's easy to stay on target the stock would never break. Need to figure out how to get a nice 1-4 X24 scope. Looks like one for an SKS might work????
SB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Savagebrother your rifle sounds great! A good bore and solid stock are rarities in these guns. I have a couple guns worth of parts for these I'd love to put together. I want to put one together with a M14 stock, and another with a SKS or Mauser stock. Another project...

I saw a VZ52 handguard that was painted with gloss black enamel for sale on gunbroker for $120. I wouldn't pay that, it would need to be refinished for a restoration.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/628683226

Please contact me if you have any of the following shooters for sale/trade:
G 43, SVT 40, G 98/40, Rasheed, Vz 52/57, G 98a, Camp 45

*.*!*!*!