http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:24 pm 
Match Winner
Match Winner

Picked this up at a buddy of mines shop. I was looking for a .22cal rifle for my daughter but ended up walking out with the Model 31. :lol: He only charged $100 as a courtesy. Fires great and is really accurate with the old Weaver scope. I did not know Sears made a semi-auto rifle like this. :o Very pleased with the purchase! :dance:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:30 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Congratulations! Looks like you have a nice example of a "Sneers & Sawbucks" .22 rifle made for them by High Standard.
The empty spot in the butt stock contained a retractable cloth sling! I thought this rifle was super cool about 55 years ago
when I lusted over it in the Sears catalog---still do!

I think I will start collecting (accumulating?) JC Higgins/Ted Williams (Sears higher grade sporting goods) firearms. They were
well made and offered a lot of value for the $$ at the time--Plus, milsurps are not being imported in large numbers anymore
(thank you Mr. President) and I can re-capture my youth by owning all the cool guns I couldn't in the old days, right???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:24 pm 
Match Winner
Match Winner

Polock wrote:
Congratulations! Looks like you have a nice example of a "Sneers & Sawbucks" .22 rifle made for them by High Standard.
The empty spot in the butt stock contained a retractable cloth sling! I thought this rifle was super cool about 55 years ago
when I lusted over it in the Sears catalog---still do!

I think I will start collecting (accumulating?) JC Higgins/Ted Williams (Sears higher grade sporting goods) firearms. They were
well made and offered a lot of value for the $$ at the time--Plus, milsurps are not being imported in large numbers anymore
(thank you Mr. President) and I can re-capture my youth by owning all the cool guns I couldn't in the old days, right???

I do agree with you! :D I had not had a love for them until recently. Well built and classy looking. There was a second one there when I bough this one but it was not in the condition of this one. Thanks for the tip on the retractable sling. It will be something I will have to keep my eye out for.

As for collecting Civilian made firearms, I do agree. There are so many makes and models out there, that are equally as intriguing as most Milsurps. Now to just make this side of the collection grow. :thumb: