http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:09 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I stopped by my local pawn shop this morning and the owner asked if I wanted a skeleton stocked .22 he was getting ready to put out. He went in the back and came out with a FIC (Firearms International Corp. Washington, DC) Bronco in very nice shape. $80.00 later I walked out with it.

The brown crinkle paint is still in good shape. It weighs a whopping 2.5 pounds.

I had one of these years ago (someone painted it green) but we parted company in the 80s.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

You dog! I have wanted one of these for years. And, you stole it.
I remember when they were like $39.00 new.
Nice buy! :thumb:

Al

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

I have never seen one before,does it fold for storage? Neat rifle,yes,,,beauty queen,ummmmm LOL. What years where these produced...Larry

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:20 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

felixmophandle wrote:
I have never seen one before,does it fold for storage? Neat rifle,yes,,,beauty queen,ummmmm LOL. What years where these produced...Larry

They made fixed stock (like this one) and take-down models.

They were made from the late 50s into the 70s. I think there were at least three importers, FIC, Garcia, (both used the trade name Bronco) and Bauer that called it the Rabbit.

The FIC/Garcia Bronco boxes I've seen on-line claim "made in the USA" but give the importers of the era penchant to stretch the truth likely they were made overseas, some say Italy. My example shows no proofs (or serial) to hint at where it was made.

There were .22 lr, 22 Mag, .410, and .22/.410 O/U models made.

From what I understand the take-down models were not very robust and the .410 versions of both even less so due to the cast pot metal construction. I guess .410 is just a bit much for the frame.

The one I used to have was a decent shooter but the sights are very rudimentary. In fact I replaced the sight on it with a peep I made.

This is a .22 mag TD version, see the TD lever on the receiver.