http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:02 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Ok guys, I know it's been a while... and I owe you an update. :thumb:

I swapped scopes, she's now wearing a Bushnell elite 10X MOA/MIL. I've got about 1,500 rnds of Wolf match extra for her, but with the current stupidness I've been hesitant to bring her out...

I shot our club NRA bullseye league match yesterday and stayed for public shooting. I got quite a few looks as I was setting up my .22 lr for prone... and then walking my target out to 200 yds. :wink:

I was trying out my iPhone/spotting scope combo and managed to get both a side veiw video of me, and a video with my iPhone through the spotting scope of my target. You can barely see mirage, and with the sub-sonic bullet no bullet trace. But at 40X you can see the yellow 'splash' of the shoot-n-see target. :D

I need to expriment with some editing software, and see if I can make a decent video to post on youtube... but here are some screenshots for you guys.

Me with the rifle...

Here is the firing solution shooter gave me... @ 23 MOA up from a 50 yd zero, the bullet is dropping 46". That's a little less than normal, due to the 5200 ft elevation, and 67% humidity... for a lower elevation, and dryer air it's around 27 MOA. The inputs used were G1 B.C. of .130, and M.V. of 1050 fps. The flight time of the bullet is almost 3/4 of a sec! :o

Here is a screen shot of the target vid. This was the first round downrange... you can see it about 3/8" left of center in the black. I held 2 MOA left for wind... it was only 2-3 mph, but anything affects those tiny bullets. I shot five rnds at it, and hit the black 3 times. That sticker is 3" in dia. Ultimately I had about a 4 1/2" group... which I was more than pleased with!! :D

Now I need to figure out how to make a decent video with the footage I've got. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I just got an unfinished Tacticool stock for my Savage Mk II from Midway, and it is surprisingly comfy. Looks like your is doing really well in your rig so far! Great work breathing new life into an old beast.

I hear you on ammo craziness. I was at Cabela's a few days ago, and the only ammo they still have purchase limits on is rimfire. I just tried a few Eley brands in my Savage: expensive, but they get the job done.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

DrThunder88 wrote:
I just got an unfinished Tacticool stock for my Savage Mk II from Midway, and it is surprisingly comfy. Looks like your is doing really well in your rig so far! Great work breathing new life into an old beast.

I hear you on ammo craziness. I was at Cabela's a few days ago, and the only ammo they still have purchase limits on is rimfire. I just tried a few Eley brands in my Savage: expensive, but they get the job done.

Though a little on the small side (probably to 'fit' the smaller size of .22 rimfires), they sure are pretty ergonomic.

I thought I'd add this pic... after all it is of a savage in a tacticool stock.

Attachment:
2012-10-02_10-35-23_342.jpg
2012-10-02_10-35-23_342.jpg [ 94.15 KiB | Viewed 5496 times ]

Pretty cool paint. If your's is unfinished, you might try something like this DrThunder! :thumb:

Anyways guys, I converted my .MOV videos to .WMV files... though I need to re-image my computer, and update all the software before I can download the split screen affect for Windows Movie Maker. I hope to put together some more videos of shooting, if I can get the process ironed out.

I've also got a 1/3 scale IPSC silhouette (steel target) in the works just for this rifle... should be fun to 200 + yds!! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Alright guys, here it is!! :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ivX4ET ... e=youtu.be

I purchased a brand new magazine from Havlin sales, and since then I haven't had any feeding issues. 8-)

I'm also making a steel 'gong' to use with this setup, and I hope to post some more videos soon!!!

'edit' I'm fairly pleased with the performance... the shoot-n-see is 3" in diameter, and my group was strung out horizontal. I guess I need to work on my wind doping skills!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:05 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Here's an updated video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEL1DP ... 7sBmB2VAsw

The Steel targets are 3/16" cold rolled steel. The .22's don't touch it... The frame is made of 1/2" re-bar and 1/2" conduit, about $12 from home depot. The chain is welded to the back of the targets, and hang on hooks that the frame has... all in all, with the frame and three targets I have about $25 in the system.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:33 pm 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

I shot the NASR Tactical Precision 22 Rimfire Rifle match with her last Saturday... here is a fun video I put together of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuBKIT3AYto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:25 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Great build, looks awesome! Thanks for the vids as well, glad it's a great shooter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:28 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Caleb wrote:
Great build, looks awesome! Thanks for the vids as well, glad it's a great shooter.

Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed the build, pics, and videos!! :thumb: