http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mauser Crests
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Attachment photo
Attachment:
016.JPG
016.JPG [ 309.18 KiB | Viewed 8489 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Very nice and crisp chinese crests you have posted there :thumb: ,I have been looking for a chinese mauser for awhile now.Dont see ANY around these parts :violin: .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

woow, i'm drooling!

to figure out the year in AD, simply add 1911 to the number.

Like the 25-1 means 1911+25=1936, -1 means January.

38 means 38+1911=1949, the year communist took over mainland China.

also I'm confused by the handguard. The Chiang Kai-shek rifle handguard should not reach the receiver. It is between the rear sight and the lower handguard ring, the same as the "standard model" of Mauser.

The handguard shown in most pictures is like the one on BRNO VZ24.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

ca1903 wrote:
woow, i'm drooling!

to figure out the year in AD, simply add 1911 to the number.

Like the 25-1 means 1911+25=1936, -1 means January.

38 means 38+1911=1949, the year communist took over mainland China.

also I'm confused by the handguard. The Chiang Kai-shek rifle handguard should not reach the receiver. It is between the rear sight and the lower handguard ring, the same as the "standard model" of Mauser.

The handguard shown in most pictures is like the one on BRNO VZ24.

ca1903:
Thanks very much for the info!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:19 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

waffenamt wrote:
The rifles with the long handguard are not Chiang Kai Shek but rather Type 21, a copy of the FN1930 rifle. The Chiang Kai Shek was a copy of the Mauser Standard Modell. The Chiang Kai Shek and Type 21 are very similar.

waffenamt:
I, now know you are right about the rifles!!
Would the last rifle photo, on my posting be a Chang Kai Shek Rifle?
It, is a short model rifle like the Type 21.
were the Chang Kai Shek rifles the mauser long type rifle?
Thanks
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hi Roy:

The rifles you have are all Chiang Kai-shek rifles by different arsenals.

The two diamond is the symbol of arsenal Gong Xian, HengNan province. Later on it was taken over during the WWII by the #1 arsenal (originally the Hanyang arsenal), with the symbol of 5-tips star.

You have two more with the 5-tips star symbols, and they were made by the same "arsenal tools" but under different administration due to the relocation during the war.

The other is the mirrored swastika symbol by the #21 arsenal (or Nanjing arsenal). This is taken over from the Hanyang arsenal (the 5 tips star).

Confusing? ya, it was caused by the invasion of Japanes troops, and the relocated arsenals have to be moved further west. The withdrawal routes were cutoff, so the government decided to group the factories by where they were at that time. So Hanyang's rifle factory (#1) passed to Nanjing (#21). Gonxian's rifle factory (double diamond) passed to Hanyang. This happened around 1941 (need to check the document).

There was also the Canton arsenal with the symbol of three intercepting circles. It remained under the same adminstration; but it was a small one with capacity around 10K rifles a month if raw material was available!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:37 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Well, guess I'll throw in the crest of my moroccan carbine.
Well, that wasn't very exciting, how about a picture of the serial number.
You guys have quite a variety of crests. I've really enjoyed flipping through this thread and seeing all the different crests.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:56 am 
Section Moderator
Section Moderator

My M43/44 Spanish Air Force Mauser crest.

Attachments:
IMG_0232 (Medium).JPG
IMG_0232 (Medium).JPG [ 109.97 KiB | Viewed 9019 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:06 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

1943 BCD K98k with the Buchenwald concentration camp "starburst" on the barrel

Attachments:
48.jpg
48.jpg [ 27.57 KiB | Viewed 9626 times ]
BCD 43 sunburst.jpg
BCD 43 sunburst.jpg [ 975.58 KiB | Viewed 9626 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 am 

That post is meaningless without discriptions. (Yes you have the names in the photos, but their awfully small) :D

"Gutter is a tool"

Tired of how people view your states gun laws, hit your government where it hurts, take your tax dollars and leave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

ca1903 wrote:
Hi Roy:

The rifles you have are all Chiang Kai-shek rifles by different arsenals.

The two diamond is the symbol of arsenal Gong Xian, HengNan province. Later on it was taken over during the WWII by the #1 arsenal (originally the Hanyang arsenal), with the symbol of 5-tips star.

You have two more with the 5-tips star symbols, and they were made by the same "arsenal tools" but under different administration due to the relocation during the war.

The other is the mirrored swastika symbol by the #21 arsenal (or Nanjing arsenal). This is taken over from the Hanyang arsenal (the 5 tips star).

Confusing? ya, it was caused by the invasion of Japanes troops, and the relocated arsenals have to be moved further west. The withdrawal routes were cutoff, so the government decided to group the factories by where they were at that time. So Hanyang's rifle factory (#1) passed to Nanjing (#21). Gonxian's rifle factory (double diamond) passed to Hanyang. This happened around 1941 (need to check the document).

There was also the Canton arsenal with the symbol of three intercepting circles. It remained under the same adminstration; but it was a small one with capacity around 10K rifles a month if raw material was available!

ca1903:
I, want to take, time to thank you,for your very complete, interesting and complicated posting, on Chinese rifles!!
I, would say, it is a real history lesson.
Thanks again
Roy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:07 am 

waffenamt wrote:
xiaochun3612 wrote:
A Chilean Mauser was made in the factory of Loewe, Germany. A Chilean Styer Modelo 1912 like mine, was made in the factory of Styer, Austry.

And, a Mauser is cocking when you push the bolt. Instead Styer is cocking when you pull the bolt. :P

That reasons do that people speak about Chilean Mauser and Styer 1912 as two rifle differents.

The Chilean M1893, M1895, M1912, and M1935 are all Mauser design rifles. The M1893 was made by DWM, the M1895 was made by Loewe and DWM (same factory, different names), the M1912 was made by Steyr, and the M1935 was made by Mauser Orberndorf. All are Chilean Mausers.

The M1893 and M1895 are cock on closing, the M1912 and M1935 are cock on opening. The model numbers tell you that if you are familiar with Mausers.

This is the size of the spaming issue we are seeing. xiaochun3612 was not a forum member, but only here to post the links to pirated software. hich I am sure would lead you to websites which in no way would infect your PC with virus. They have wised up to the point they are posting information and questions that are relavent to the thread.

"Gutter is a tool"

Tired of how people view your states gun laws, hit your government where it hurts, take your tax dollars and leave.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I am interested in finding out what my 7.65 Argentine Mauser is worth. I purchased it over 50 years ago and it looked as though it just came from the factory and still does. I had a gunsmith friend check it all over when I first got it and he said it looked like it may never have been fired and that it may have been going to be used as a match gun. He slugged the barrel and it measured .312 from muzzle to chamber. The crest was ground off but is still visible but I don't know if I can get a good picture of it or not. I will take some pictures this week and post them ASAP.

Lynx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:00 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Mauser Modelo Argentino 1909
Deutsche Waffen-Und Munitionsfabriken. Berlin.

Infantry Rifle, cal. 7.65x54mm (7.65 Argentine)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:19 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Wow Waffenamt, nice collection of crests. :) Thanks for sharing!

"Vertroue in God en die Mauser".-Faith in God and the Mauser.

"Send lawyers, guns and money." -Warren Zevon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next