Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

MKV Enfield Trials Rifle

Holbrook
United States of America

MKV Enfield Trials Rifle

#1 Post by Holbrook » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 am

I wanted to know how much an all matching correct rifle in very good condition should sell for?

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: MKV Enfield Trials Rifle

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 pm

To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

indy1919a4
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#3 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 pm

I think the sight picture on the Mk V trials rifle and the one they used on some of the Ross British contract rifles are some of the best ever..

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am

In the 8th edition of The standard catalog of Military Firearms, the collectors price & reference guide by Peterson on page 228, he lists Excellent like new at $1800, Very good at $1250, Good at $800, and Fair to average at $450. He indicates approximately 20,000 were made of the No. 1 SMLE Mark V. So there you go a wide price range depending on many factors: matching and a non refinished, intact noncracked stock, headspace correct, with sling and bayonet? It depends on location, demand, barrel condition and stock condition and if you got a buyer that has deep pockets. You got to find an Enfield collector, otherwise its just another SMLE at $600. :doh:
If some nut refinished the rifle that's real bad news for value. A matching bolt is nice for value. How about some pictures? At gun shows prices are way up, but average buyers are not buying at high prices. But there appears to be a good amount of high end, big shots with tons of money because the good stuff sells at top buck to the rich boys with decent jobs. No average joe or retired guy is dishing out big bucks at WI gun shows. Even to a down on his luck Joe it's worth $500 at a low ball price.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Holbrook
United States of America

#5 Post by Holbrook » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:28 am

The rifle I got is numbers matching and in very good condition. Mine has not been refinished. It’s a lower serial number rifle. I’ve been trying to post pics but with no luck. I collect mil surplus rifle. I own a few Enfield rifles. I like to keep insurance on my stuff. I have a lot of military antiques. Several people have offered to buy it. I’m seriously contemplating selling it. On another site I was told not many where in the states and it was a great center piece to a collection. I know that a couple are in large gun collections on display. So that’s why I wanted to know pricing. As far as the normal joe comment. Most average hoes don’t own deaths head Mausers or experimental Springfield rifles either. But that’s something a lot of collectors inspire too.

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#6 Post by Tommy Atkins » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Maybe this will help.
Go "Advanced", not quick reply.
type the blurb.
Scroll down to "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" (check file size limitations)
Attach a file from your computer, it will upload.
store the post.
Write a bit for each image & only do one per post.

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#7 Post by Rapidrob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Their neat rifles. I like the rear sight and how the rifles are a Hodge-podge of several ideas. I found mine for next to nothing as it was listed as a bubba'd Mark III Enfield rifle.
It is in very good condition and is a very good shooter.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#8 Post by Rapidrob » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:55 am

enfieldtrialsrifle1.jpg
It has a 1922 date stamp.