Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Prices in Australia;Over the Top

AGB-1
United States of America

Prices in Australia;Over the Top

#1 Post by AGB-1 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 am

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... ost9061666

U.S. pricing has moved Down Under and Sellers are taking advantage of the Uninformed.

indy1919a4
United States of America

Re: Prices in Australia;Over the Top

#2 Post by indy1919a4 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am

You know this is an interesting little issue here.. Ok this gun is kinda rare.. And finding an unshot one is a bit scarce,, But I do wonder is the number of Bolt Action Enfields in Australia is limited to the number that is now in the country of Australia??? Can any be imported at all???

5thbatt
New Zealand

#3 Post by 5thbatt » Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 am

indy1919a4 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am
You know this is an interesting little issue here.. Ok this gun is kinda rare.. And finding an unshot one is a bit scarce,, But I do wonder is the number of Bolt Action Enfields in Australia is limited to the number that is now in the country of Australia??? Can any be imported at all???
Yes they can still import them, know of 5 about to head over there shortly from NZ

vandle
Australia

#4 Post by vandle » Thu May 17, 2018 8:01 am

You would think that with all the No1 mk111 in Australia that pricing is competitive. we made the bloody things here

Wrong, pricing is out of control, average pricing is heading towards 1500 AUD Jungles are heading towards 2500aud
Gee as a teenager i bought them for $80 aud, wish I knew then what i do now
Life is tough, tougher if your stupid

indy1919a4
United States of America

#5 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am

5thbatt wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 am
Yes they can still import them, know of 5 about to head over there shortly from NZ
Many thanks

indy1919a4
United States of America

#6 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:11 am

vandle wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:01 am
You would think that with all the No1 mk111 in Australia that pricing is competitive. we made the bloody things here

Wrong, pricing is out of control, average pricing is heading towards 1500 AUD Jungles are heading towards 2500aud
Gee as a teenager i bought them for $80 aud, wish I knew then what i do now
Ok, I do not wish this to be taken as a Glibb question. But why,, Is it because there is more Interest..??? did the supply of rifles get depleted at one time??
Is part of the issue is the number of Australian rifles that were exported in the past???

Also wow 2500 AUD for a Jungle Carbine.. about 1800 USD.. wow, I will never complain when I see one here selling for 600 again..

Demo
Australia

#7 Post by Demo » Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm

There’s nothing new with these high prices. They reach new limits every year but been the same for certain items for as long as I can remember. Whole range of things to consider.
Firstly we love quality, good original matching examples. The pickings for these are definitely getting smaller because they’re getting hoarded. Naturally this pushes prices up and therefore pushes prices of the not so good up as well. This is because ignorant sellers put the rubbish in the same category as the higher shelf items. Then the ilinfofmed buys his first rifle, discovers its not so good because it’s rough and mismatched and decides to upgrade. Has to get his money back because no one wants to lose money. But he also factors in his extra cost that include permit fees, transfer and shipping cost. About 100 bucks in state of QLD. Seeing the pattern here gents. Now there are some items mentioned in the gunboards thread that can’t be classed in same catagory as the standard lithgow SMLE, most particularly the 30’s dated rifles at auction. Always been hard to find in any condition and always priced high unless your lucky. These in the auction were very good and there are people who wouldn’t flinch at those prices. Any rifle produced at lithgow from 1913 right through to 1940 has always been a challenge to find a good quality example. People’s idea of good quality probably varies considerably around the world, but here in oz we are fussy.
Then there’s the more common years from 1941 to 1944 that are reasonably available. But there’s a huge margin even in this common era of years. Well used, in varying states of condition to unused rifles that appear as new. Sellers use words like mint, unissued and unfired that gets the eager beavers salivating. Rifles that fit this description were being advertised for $2000 plus for last ten years and selling. Similarly to the as new or mummy wrap No4 MkII’s floating around. Always well above 2000 bucks in Australia now.
I don’t buy enfields anymore. In Australia, Internet has pretty much fucked it.

vandle
Australia

#8 Post by vandle » Sun May 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Demo wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:15 pm
There’s nothing new with these high prices. They reach new limits every year but been the same for certain items for as long as I can remember. Whole range of things to consider.
Firstly we love quality, good original matching examples. The pickings for these are definitely getting smaller because they’re getting hoarded. Naturally this pushes prices up and therefore pushes prices of the not so good up as well. This is because ignorant sellers put the rubbish in the same category as the higher shelf items. Then the ilinfofmed buys his first rifle, discovers its not so good because it’s rough and mismatched and decides to upgrade. Has to get his money back because no one wants to lose money. But he also factors in his extra cost that include permit fees, transfer and shipping cost. About 100 bucks in state of QLD. Seeing the pattern here gents. Now there are some items mentioned in the gunboards thread that can’t be classed in same catagory as the standard lithgow SMLE, most particularly the 30’s dated rifles at auction. Always been hard to find in any condition and always priced high unless your lucky. These in the auction were very good and there are people who wouldn’t flinch at those prices. Any rifle produced at lithgow from 1913 right through to 1940 has always been a challenge to find a good quality example. People’s idea of good quality probably varies considerably around the world, but here in oz we are fussy.
Then there’s the more common years from 1941 to 1944 that are reasonably available. But there’s a huge margin even in this common era of years. Well used, in varying states of condition to unused rifles that appear as new. Sellers use words like mint, unissued and unfired that gets the eager beavers salivating. Rifles that fit this description were being advertised for $2000 plus for last ten years and selling. Similarly to the as new or mummy wrap No4 MkII’s floating around. Always well above 2000 bucks in Australia now.
I don’t buy enfields anymore. In Australia, Internet has pretty much fucked it.
Couldn't of said it any better myself
Life is tough, tougher if your stupid

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth”