Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

1905 Ross

Kit-e-cat
United States of America

Re: 1905 Ross

#16 Post by Kit-e-cat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:55 am

I have heard of people using an "O" ring against the rim. Thanks for the tip, In the days of cheap and plentiful .303 surplus, I used to shoot my Enfields, but when they dried out, I picked up some new brass and took out my No.4 Mk1 T sniper to sight in, and after a reload or two, the case separated. Upon case inspection and research, I found out about the loosey goosey chambers Enfields have. Even old dogs learn about things they never knew! Thanks for the tips, I will give them a whirl.
Speaking of the days of cheap and plentiful surplus berdan ammo, I used to make wind chimes out of the spent brass many moons ago.

Smokey
United States of America

Re: 1905 Ross

#17 Post by Smokey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:04 pm

I used masking tape. It's a little work to get narrow strips to wrap around the case, but that works.
Be sure to lube the cases, or the case will grab the chamber, then stretch back to the bolt, resulting in head separations.
Also, go easy on the reload for SMLEs, there's still some spring to SMLE actions. The Ross won't have that problem.
Arguing with someone who denounces reason is like administering medicine to a corpse.

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth”