Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Lee Enfield no. 4 scope mount

kmitrofan
United States of America

Lee Enfield no. 4 scope mount

#1 Post by kmitrofan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:44 am

Just recently purchased my first Lee Enfield no. 4 and I noticed it came with a weird screw already drill into the side of the chamber. I was wondering if it was for mounting a scope but I can't find a mount that really goes for this placement on the gun. If anyone has seen anything like it I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. Also if not a scope mount can anyone suggest a easy to use and reliable scope mount.
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_20171126_201408.jpg

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Re: Lee Enfield no. 4 scope mount

#2 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 pm

That is a direct replacement for the ejector screw. The hex bolt (I'd guess metric, as its the closest to the original & kinda-sorta almost screws in) is not correct so the thread may be damaged in the receiver. I'd suggest getting the correct screw & trying it.
Oddly the screw doesn't eject fired cases, the spring tension from the extractor claw does that. It is ONLY used to eject unfired cases.

For a no-drill-no-tap scope mount I'd suggest & recommenced the "S&K Insta-mount". It uses the pivot holes for the original rear sight which you remove, & a "wedge" under the charger guide. I've had one on my No5 for a couple of years at this point & its sturdy & reliable. They come in 2 versions, one is a Weaver rail the other the in-house system. I went with the slightly lower mounting of the in house.

http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

kmitrofan
United States of America

#3 Post by kmitrofan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Ohhh so I should probably get a correct ejector screw. Thank you! And I'll check the mount out as well!

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#4 Post by Tommy Atkins » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:02 pm

You can use it without one, you'll just have to pick unfired rounds out of the receiver by hand if you do. Its an oddball BA thread, maybe check out the locals because shipping will probably be more than the screw!

Return to “British Empire and Commonwealth”