Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Series 40 Jinsen

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
burban89
United States of America

Series 40 Jinsen

#1 Post by burban89 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:44 pm

This is one I was surprised to find at a show a while back. I had gone the entire weekend without finding anything to buy except for some 30-06 for my 1903 when a guy walked in with two lugers and this rifle. He got it from his next door neighbor who had served in the navy during the war but the seller had no idea that his neighbor even brought anything home. We ended up working out a deal for $260 for it and I couldn't be happier with it. It's all matching and in original condition. Sadly the mum was ground off but it fills a much needed hole in my collection for a last ditch rifle. Looking over it I can tell the shoddy craftsmanship of the later war rifles. The front sight blade is crookedly attached inside the base, the trigger guard had been manufactured incorrectly leaving barely enough room for the trigger to be pulled to fire the rifle, the finger grooves still show where the chisel had lept from its path a bit and thus isn't smooth at all, and to top it off the bayonet lug was made at an angle thus barring the act of mounting a bayonet onto it. The bore's in great shape so it would be a great shooter.
Attachments
image144.JPG
image145.JPG
image151.JPG
image151.JPG (27.99 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
image150.JPG
image150.JPG (23.44 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
image149.JPG

mauserdad
United States of America

Re: Series 40 Jinsen

#2 Post by mauserdad » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Very nice. I am looking at one now but the bolt does not match
John 3:16 & 17 KJAV
NRA Life Member

B32dominator
United States of America

#3 Post by B32dominator » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 pm

Very nice, don't run into many of them. Think I saw one at a show along time ago.

S.B.
United States of America

#4 Post by S.B. » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 am

Are you positive the bayo lug was made like this(can't tell from your photos) or could it possibly have been bent during use as whatever to pry something?
Steve

burban89
United States of America

#5 Post by burban89 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 am

S.B. wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 am
Are you positive the bayo lug was made like this(can't tell from your photos) or could it possibly have been bent during use as whatever to pry something?
Steve
Sorry the photos are kinda junky. From looking at the bayonet lug it definitely doesn't show signs of any damage to it or the surrounding stock so I think it was accidentally made at an angle. Kinda stinks that the only Jinsen I've been able to find can't even mount a bayonet but that's part of its appeal I guess.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”