Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Need a Front handgrip Arisaka 38 carbine

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
Redleg64
United States of America

Need a Front handgrip Arisaka 38 carbine

#1 Post by Redleg64 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 pm

I purchased a nice war trophy Arisaka 38 carbine that has a damaged front wood handgrip. I am thinking about fixing it. The carbine was picked up by an American soldier in the Philippines. Thanks for any help.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Need a Front handgrip Arisaka 38 carbine

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:53 am

You can always find a refinished dog high gloss hand guard on eBay. It will take some looking on eBay or a few big gun shows to find an intact, non messed with Type 38 hand guard. Just too many Japanese rifles were refinished. Everyone is looking for intact stock specimens. I think they are around $50 -75 bucks just for an intact, non cracked hand guard. It will be a matter of a lucky day and you will stumble onto one. Libertytreecollectors sold out asap long ago. If your is cracked and not refinished you might want to consider a repair. See the stock repair stickies. There is one by Candyman to repair hand guards.

It is too old and suffers from photo loss which makes this neat old post useless ( photo bucket or not posted through forum photos went away):
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewto ... =61&t=1225
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”