Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

type 38 carbine ejector question

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
Hammy
United States of America

type 38 carbine ejector question

#1 Post by Hammy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:30 am

Hey all, I have a question that I'm sure will be answered here. I was given a type 38 carbine by a good friend, he said it was a good single shot, but would not eject. I found the magazine spring and follower were gone, so I found replacements on fleabay. I shot it, it fed perfectly but would not eject. Since the screw slots were already buggered, I took it apart and found the ejector was missing. I found the ejector and screw on fleabay and installed them. Here's the problem; when I tighten the screw all the way, the bolt will only move forward about an inch and binds up. If I finger-tighten the screw, it is still very stiff, but I can force it into battery. If the screw is screwed in about one and a half threads, the bolt works with no problem. Is that normal? Do I have to hand-fit the ejector? If so, where do I sand/file? Should I just screw it in far enough to work and apply thread locker? It's a numbers-matching rifle, so I am thinking it's not the bolt. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jim....
U.S. Marine Corps 1975-1979
Combat Engineer

AGB-1
United States of America

Re: type 38 carbine ejector question

#2 Post by AGB-1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:10 pm

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/316480

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufa ... ka/type-38

What parts did you replace?

Doesn't sound like any Type 38 that I have seen.

AGB-1
United States of America

Re: type 38 carbine ejector question

#3 Post by AGB-1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:05 pm

My mistake.Disregard.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”