Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

All matching series 11 Nagoya w/ mum

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
burban89
United States of America

All matching series 11 Nagoya w/ mum

#1 Post by burban89 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a while since I last posted anything. For some reason late last year the forum was making it to where my photos were being enlarged to where they wouldn't post at all but now I think that problem's been fixed. Anyway I got this little gem last month at a local gun show. It was a part of a dead veteran's estate being sold at the show with many rifles including a couple other arisakas for sale. Anyway this one was the best condition by far of the three arisakas there and surprisingly enough not only is the stock basically untouched (aside from some handling dings here and there) but the bolt matches along with it having a full mum. I managed to get it for a small sum of $260 which is a steal considering how hard it is to find something like this in my area. Anyway hope you guys like it as much as I do.
Attachments
image465.jpeg
image464.jpeg
image464.jpeg (18.18 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
image463.jpeg
image463.jpeg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
image462.jpeg

B32dominator
United States of America

Re: All matching series 11 Nagoya w/ mum

#2 Post by B32dominator » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm

Very nice looking late war rifle. I’ve been thinking about picking one up myself. I have a series 7 and really like the degrading of finishing qualities found on late war German and Japanese rifles.

burban89
United States of America

#3 Post by burban89 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:35 pm

B32dominator wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm
Very nice looking late war rifle. I’ve been thinking about picking one up myself. I have a series 7 and really like the degrading of finishing qualities found on late war German and Japanese rifles.
I have a series 7 myself (my first arisaka ever) and I love how accurate it shoots. With this one I have four variants of Nagoya made type 99s: a no series with the cavalry sling loop, a series 4 with all the goodies minus sling, my series 7, and this series 11. I hope I can find a rope hole Nagoya in the future but luck will have to be on my side for a decent one.

B32dominator
United States of America

#4 Post by B32dominator » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 am

burban89 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:35 pm
B32dominator wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm
I have a series 7 myself (my first arisaka ever) and I love how accurate it shoots. With this one I have four variants of Nagoya made type 99s: a no series with the cavalry sling loop, a series 4 with all the goodies minus sling, my series 7, and this series 11. I hope I can find a rope hole Nagoya in the future but luck will have to be on my side for a decent one.
Sounds like a very nice collection. I have a collection of K98’s that show the lineage and thinking I want to do the same with Type 99’s. I’ve got a thread looking at series 7 and 8 rifles to see differences, you should add yours.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=639&p=2888#p2888

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”