Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

All matching Kokura Concentric Circle Type 38 w/ dust cover and capture paper

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
lthilsdorf
United States of America

All matching Kokura Concentric Circle Type 38 w/ dust cover and capture paper

#1 Post by lthilsdorf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am

Part one of my two part pick up from Pennsylvania the other day. These rifles were posted on Facebook by a gentleman who bought them both from a New Jersey veteran's relative. I have the capture papers for one rifle, so I'll post it with this rifle. Both rifles look to have been in a basement for many years, and I think some of the pitting and damage is the result of that. But I'm willing to look past some cosmetic faults to see some great rifles underneath.

This is a Kokura Concentric Circle Type 38. There is some rough pitting on certain parts of the metal, and a bit of blackening to the stock in areas, but the finish is original and the rifle is all matching down to the dust cover.

Without disassembling, the following parts matched:

Bolt handle
Floor plate
Safety (Very poorly struck, but it does same "914"
Dust cover

The bolt release, barrel band, and striker have no number stamped. The extractor has an assembly number stamped on it. At some point I will disassemble the rifle and take a look at that.

The stock has a single Kokura proof (Please pardon my ignorance as I can't recall the Japanese name of that particular one), and the finish appears to be original.

Overall besides the cosmetic look of the rifle I don't think I could find a better example of a Type 38 Concentric Circle rifle. I picked up a bolt mismatch Nagoya over the summer for $350, so I was very pleased to add a Kokura rifle.

Enjoy the photos!

Ernest T
United States of America

Re: All matching Kokura Concentric Circle Type 38 w/ dust cover and capture paper

#2 Post by Ernest T » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Very nice rifle!! I really like the stock. That was a great find.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”