Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

USGI shipping crate w/ saber, bayonet, rifle, and serialized capture papers (Auction find)

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
lthilsdorf
United States of America

USGI shipping crate w/ saber, bayonet, rifle, and serialized capture papers (Auction find)

#1 Post by lthilsdorf » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Just won this at an online auction the other day and I'm so excited I wanted to share it now! This is my second crated vet bring back set and this one is a really nice one.

It has a 30th series Toyo Kogyo Type 99, Type 32 cavalry saber, a bayonet, and the crate the items were shipped home in. It also has a set of papers with the items listed and serialized, as well as the same man listed on the crate. I had to call and confirm with the auction house that the rifle and saber matched (they provided a photo of the rifle), but they aren't sure on the bayonet.

I am very excited as these are some of my favorite items to collect and see documented. I'll post more when I have them in hand, but that will likely be many weeks away. Until then, here are the auction photos.

retread12345678
United States of America

Re: USGI shipping crate w/ saber, bayonet, rifle, and serialized capture papers (Auction find)

#2 Post by retread12345678 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm

NO EXPERT I had a very nice concentric circle type 99 crated in almost the exact same crate No Papers. Enjoy it as you know they are few and far between

ffuries
United States of America

Re: USGI shipping crate w/ saber, bayonet, rifle, and serialized capture papers (Auction find)

#3 Post by ffuries » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Just amazes me it stayed together all these years!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”