Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

bayonet replacement parts?

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
Hammy
United States of America

bayonet replacement parts?

#1 Post by Hammy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Hey guys, I recently came into possession of a rather beat-up bayonet, which is lacking the retaining latch. It appears to be Toyoda Automatic Loom Works manufactured, it has the tip ground flat, is heavily varnished, and has no muzzle ring. I am looking for parts to replace the missing latch. Any idea where I can start? I appreciate any direction you can supply. Jim....
U.S. Marine Corps 1975-1979
Combat Engineer

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

Re: bayonet replacement parts?

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 pm

That is one that was mongered for parts due to condition. Junk-- as we say in the Corps---a code H item; so save wood grips and scabbard if not dented or cracked. Parts are not to be found. You buy an intact, junk bayonet in poor condition like yours and take the parts off. Generally the parts cost more than a average, poor bayonet with ground rusted blade or missing scabbard. Best bet is a flee/rummage/antique fair where you might find one intact for $50. Last week I picked up a Chilean 1895 bayonet in average shape for $20. They go around $65-80 now. Sorry to say, a Cut Muzzle Ring is bad news, you got a nice dandelion digger.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”