Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Carcano carbine M91/38

M67
Slovenia

Carcano carbine M91/38

#1 Post by M67 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:57 am

Here is my all matching carbine with very well preserved stock and other wooden parts. It is in 6,5 x 52 caliber. There is a nice FAG cartouche on stock - Fabrica d Armi Gardone Val Trompia. I have also an interesting ammunition box dated 1944. That is, it was made after the capitulation of Italy in the north during the German occupation. All finds are from my area.
Attachments
M38 kopito.jpg
M38 Gardone VT.jpg
M38 Carcano Right.jpg
FAG kopito.jpg
Carcano Ammo box.jpg
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

indy1919a4
United States of America

Re: Carcano carbine M91/38

#2 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 pm

How did end of war ammo compare in quality to earlier production ammo??

M67
Slovenia

#3 Post by M67 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 am

I have no idea. I've got already empty! Someone tested these ammo during the war! No results.
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«

indy1919a4
United States of America

#4 Post by indy1919a4 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey I do have a question for you on how you find your items..??

Not wanting to know any of your trade secrets.. but how is it looking for older Firearms & uniforms in your country..

For Example.. Where I live the Sovereign State Of Indiana.. I will go to Estate and Gun Auctions that are held.. Also we have local Flea Markets similar to Boot Sales in England. Also people have Garage Sales where they clean out items from their houses and just sell them to people who wander by..

Now with the Firearms there are a few Laws that must be followed.. Like selling to someone who can own the gun and someone who lives in the same state as you..

Also Online there are several sources to purchase items.. I.E. E-bay where we can shop online the whole country/world.. and even shop for Firearms online from Gunbroker where we can shop from the Whole country and then legally have them shipped to you. But like with Uniforms and items like that there are few if any laws that need to be observed..

M67
Slovenia

#5 Post by M67 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:25 pm

There is no plan.
You have to follow some kind of renovations and sell old houses.
If anything is found, you must comply with the current law on weapons. Any find of firearms must be reported to the local police. After one year of weapon landing, a weapon permit can be obtained if the police find that the weapon does not originate from any criminal activity or illegal fund. A registered collector can buy such weapons. There are no restrictions on uniforms, bayonets and swords.

In Slovenia you have many open market where you can sell and buy militaria, weapons and bayonets. You can also import weapons from European Union or other countries.

indy1919a4
United States of America

#6 Post by indy1919a4 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:33 pm

So ca one registered collector sell to another???

And is it hard to become a registered collector??

M67
Slovenia

#7 Post by M67 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:24 pm

1. Yes and
2. no

From collector to collector is the only legal sell for automatic weapons. If you collect automatic weapons you have to have a special space (room) protected by special armoured door (and windows) or steel bars on the windows. Space must be guarded by electronic alarm system.
Owner have to attend weapon course, special medical test, psyco test and should not have some "criminal activity".

indy1919a4
United States of America

#8 Post by indy1919a4 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:38 am

Wow, now that is different.. So May I ask, when someone gets tired of their non Automatic weapons toys.. what can they do with them????

And it is awesome that you are able to get things like this with such rules ... Sir I to Salute you... I will not grumble so loud when I hear of a 3 day waiting period..

Thanks you for taking the time to share...

M67
Slovenia

#9 Post by M67 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 pm

And of course, you can buy auto weapons at some registered sellers. You can buy ther from .22 LR SMG or 9 mm UZI or 7,62 PPSh M41 to KPV 14,5 mm. I will pass you on PM address and You can watch on You Tube their commercial video of this gun shop, wher I bought SMG Beretta M38A, one TT pistol and L1A1 (original UK Issue).
For now we have very good arms law in Slovenia but...EU restrictions are going to come in near future. :?

Return to “Italian Rifles”