Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

dot 1944 Kriegsmodell Yugo capture?

Gew88, Gew98, Kar98 etc.
onefouralpha
United States of America

dot 1944 Kriegsmodell Yugo capture?

#1 Post by onefouralpha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 am

I'm hankering to see the for-sale section of this site, so I figured I'd share some of my collection and boost the post count a little. This is a rifle I've had for several years now. When I bought it I thought it was a Russian Capture (paid $275, I believe in like 2008 at a local gun show). It was covered in what I thought was RC shellac (very well may have been a total piece-together with a RC stock). There are not a lot of surviving serial numbers on this rifle and the finish was not very great (mostly gone). The crown was also damaged. Anyway I wasn't exactly aware of what Kriegsmodells were at the time and had I known I probably would have left it alone, but in my younger youth I decided to "fix" it. I used a spray/bake finish on most of the metal, and used some of the other parts as a test-bed for my parkerizing set up. This conveniently turned out looking very similar to late-war phosphate finishes. I also pulled the barrel and recut the crown on a lathe.

Anyway, here she is now. I don't shoot it as often as I used to, I miss $50/900rnd Yugo ammo, but it gets fed a steady-enough diet of Hornady 200gr HPBTs with a load that closely matches the original s.S. Patrone. I'm not sure if it's a Czech or Yugoslavian rework. There is only one dirty bird left, on the rear of the bolt handle. The original serial numbers on the left side of the receiver/barrel are gone (assuming they were ever there). It's surprising to me that so many late-war "shortcut" parts made it onto one rifle that's such a piece-meal ordeal. Perhaps someone previous to me engineered that.

onefouralpha
United States of America

Re: dot 1944 Kriegsmodell Yugo capture?

#2 Post by onefouralpha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 am

Hmmm. let's see if I can get pictures figured out.

Korn
United States of America

Re: dot 1944 Kriegsmodell Yugo capture?

#3 Post by Korn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 pm

nice rifle.

Return to “German Rifles”