Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

98k Books

Gew88, Gew98, Kar98 etc.
AGB-1
United States of America

98k Books

#1 Post by AGB-1 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:38 pm

http://www.thirdpartypress.com/category-s/1632.htm

This is a good investment for the K98 enthusiast.

72 usmc
United States of America

Re: 98k Books

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Only $345 :lol: :hand: :hand: :think: :snooty: :snooty: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
I guess I will wait till some previous owner of these dies and buy his or her set at half price or less. Must be printed on gold leaf paper :violin:
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

AGB-1
United States of America

#3 Post by AGB-1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:54 pm

The best way to review these books at no cost is through an inter library loan. Public , University,or Junior College.I have doe this
military history books at the University where I worked.
AGB-1

72 usmc
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 pm

If I still worked at the college I could photo copy it free on a high quality printer that produced copies better than the original. :lol: :lol: :lol: Its listed under research and grant development. :shock: But those days are gone. Heck, even the days of free review copies are gone.
:angry-banghead: :confusion-scratchheadblue: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: :confusion-waiting: You got to ask yourself how long it takes to hand photo copy 1898 pages :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :shock: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:arrow: :idea: :dance: :clap: Actually after looking into this, I am wrong. The price is reasonable. New vol II is so big it had to be split into 2 books at $145 per both books. On sale at $135. So at 910 pages in both of the combined hard covers that is approximately 15 cents per page. Most photo copy places are around 20-25 cents per high quality prints. So 1 page both sides is say 40 cents. Here you have a bound, high quality paper already in book format and hard cover to boot: at 15 cents per page to purchase. I guess that is fair at todays printing costs. Some archaeology books are averaging 25 cents per each page or for one two sided page -2 pages that is 50cents due to limited editions. The price is no more than some of the cheeper Smithsonian Bureau of Ethnology reports. Some individual old books go $400. So it's actually a fair cost for the most up to date info on the K98. Just that a set of 3 is a big investment. So V1 has 588pages, Vol 2 has 910 pages, and vol 3 has 400 pages or 1898pages total in the set for $345. That comes to approximately 18 cents per page for the set. I think I will buy a set, dump a $79 M44 Mosin for $300 at a gun show and reinvest in some books.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “German Rifles”