Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Military Surplus k98ks commonly found at gun shows

Gew88, Gew98, Kar98 etc.
indy1919a4
United States of America

Re: Military Surplus k98ks commonly found at gun shows

#91 Post by indy1919a4 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:22 pm

72 usmc wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 pm
The last gun show was real sparce on K98 mausers. No RCs, no Israeli K98s. Over 500 tables :snooty: :snooty:
Which gun show is that??

72 usmc
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#92 Post by 72 usmc » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 am

I have never been to that show.. So I will ask your insights. Has it started to lose alot of its older surplus gun look so far??

Our largest, at the Fond du Lac, Wi fair grounds that was on 15 April.
added here are some old comments from past shows:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1345&p=7129&hilit= ... show#p7129
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=390&p=1718&hilit=f ... show#p1718

This is an odd show because so many different people set up each time. One show can be crazy surplus heavy the next all hunting guns or pistols. About 60% private sales the rest dealers , but all check the DL and now a days request that you provide your DL number and or sign a statement that you can buy a gun and are not a felon or have a domestic dispute. All incoming guns checked and banded. I always find great stuff, depending on the show. Unfortunately, all the old links about this show with the many deals over the past 15 years are lost due to the forum crash. It is odd because there can be deals from people selling off the dead collectors collection to dealers that have crazy prices. There are a few neat display tables- but few. Not much junk. Not much really rare top end stuff in the $2000-5000 range. Not so much original Revolution or Civil War stuff. Lots of cowboy pistols WW I , WWII, Span Am and hunting stuff. Less black rifle stuff, it does not sell at top prices.
Little to no fully automatic stuff- if its there it is a display not for sale thing. I like the small junk- arrowheads,toy lead soldiers, military books, old ammo, web gear, helmets, bayonets and maybe a way under priced surplus rifle. I am getting too old to be buying stuff, and prices are just nuts. Some people only sell to non dealers and will not sell to dealers as per the dead collectors wishes. It is a wonderful show- always odd stuff & different people that may things interesting. Always surplus , but prices differ greatly. Most seem to be on the high end from dealers.
Last edited by 72 usmc on Tue May 01, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

indy1919a4
United States of America

#93 Post by indy1919a4 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 am

I have never been to that show.. So I will ask your insights. Has it started to lose alot of its older surplus gun look so far??

72 usmc
Bullet Banger
Bullet Banger
United States of America

#94 Post by 72 usmc » Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 am

Of late the last show was short on any K98s.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “German Rifles”