Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

YUGO M57 chrome interest?

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

Re: YUGO M57 chrome interest?

#16 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Todd that is a grip for the new made M57A and M70A Zastava-Arms Company. That mark is not Czech , it is the Serbian Zastsva trade mark that looks like a C and z in a circle. See the Zastava Arms factory web page for the trade mark. Those pistols are normal military M57s in 7.62x25 that were re chromed. Look at the grips on a 9mm M70 or m70 A I think M88 too???. So that stamp is the Zastava Factory trade mark.
see grip with stylized trade mark from there m70 9mm tok: see stamp trade mark on slide and handle
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 4.36.54 PM.png
see Classics pictures for more details
https://www.classicfirearms.com/zastava ... ol-zastava
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 4.36.54 PM.png

A question are those chrome pistols 7.62x25 or 9mm??? Does it say? They indicate 7.62 so I assume its not a odd ball 9mm conversion. Your pistols have the same newer markings as found on the M70. they must be using some newer parts to rebuild . The surface does look like an older frame was re chromed and it is not a new production frame but the barrel may be a new barrel replaced during the rebuild & rechrome. Who knows??? I will have to wait and see what proof marks are on my pistol.
Sorry will not delete duplicate photos on this crazy photo insert method????
Last edited by 72 usmc on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#17 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

One other comment. I believe the small 92 stamp between the retaining clip on the frame on the right side is the date of production on that black M57 lacking a crest is a possible very late production--notice all are post 1990 dated. This is the date of production or the date of refurbishment. I do not think these are C & R pistols, I have no idea if it's a rebuild date or date of manufacture. Just that these newer chrome pistols all have a C prefix in front of the serial number. This is similar to recent production M70s. Are all observed serial numbers C prefix or mixed? All have a small mark on the barrel by the ejection port which I think is the Zastava Factory trade mark. This small mark that I can not clearly see is not present on the barrel of older M57 military pistols.
It is to the front of the serial # on the lower barrel toward the front of the ejection port. Notice this date appears to be 86 or 96 between the take down retaining clip shown in the photo.??? The evidence that will indicate older military pistols re chromed will be polished down or partially removed original proof marks or chromed over electrowritten numbers. Chromed over dents and scratches or evidence of heavy buffing. If its a new production frame or parts such evidence will be lacking. I have to wait and see my pistol. Are the magazines serialized and do the have an electro written force matched number on the pistols or are they brand new with a possible Zastava Factory trade mark? If recent production I do not understand why they have the cheep add on safety instead of the newer one located the slide like the 9mm versions carry. I wonder if the insides have any other dated parts?

Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (92.74 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

FamilyFirearms
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
United States of America

#18 Post by FamilyFirearms » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Hey Larry, got any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_1104.JPG

72 usmc
Gun Nut
Gun Nut
United States of America

#19 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Sounds crazy but in cyrillic it is a Serbian first name ENVER ??? Not a city or factory name I know off.

also see this :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enver

Petros600
Greece

#20 Post by Petros600 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Thank you again for the chrome pistols, they look amazing in person!!!

Return to “Family Firearms and Finishes”