Hey! It is almost that time again.
This will be our... 7th? 8th? oh heck I dont know how manyth
Annual weekend longSCHUTZENFEST!Fun for the young ,Old, really old (Ed Wagner), Newbie and Grizzled Veteran!
The dates are not carved in stone yet but I'm working on May 21-22.DATES CONFIRMED MAY 21-22
Held at the Black Swamp Rifle/Pistol club. Delphos, Ohiohttp://bsrpc.org/
Check out the photos. Yup that is us shooting.UPDATE
There will be a 200 yard sniper match
The 3 gun match should be a go. If you dont have a shotgun we will have a few loaners on hand.
US service rifle match
Comblock match Semi Auto
Nato semi auto
Run What you Brung match.
youth match (Under 10 years of age)
Enfield "mad minute" ( if enough people want to) as many rounds as you can put on paper in 60 seconds.
As requested by Citizen Swihart.
The may also be some instrutional classes, demos at the shoot, and/or later at the campground.
IE: Candymans stock work, Bullet casting, Basic reloading. perhaps even reforming brass to another caliber.
Let us know what you would be interested in
A little bird told me that there will be a milsurp sniper match this year.
( ok so you dont have a real sniper or a repro, any milsurp with glass on it will work)
A rifle may be offered as a match prize for one of the matches.
Ed Wagner may drink a few beers at the campground.
The food will be fantastic as always.
And all the other fun and games you all have grown to love.
BSRPC Range Rules
1. BSR&P CLUB MEMBERSHIPS are a family membership which includes the primary member, the primary member's spouse and their children under 18 years of age.
2. CHILDREN UNDER 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
3. Members are responsible to keep the gate locked THROUGH BOTH LOCKS.
4. Members are responsible to KEEP THE RANGE CLEAN. This includes picking/sweeping up your spent brass, removing your targets from downrange, and putting any garbage or trash in the provided trash receptacles.
5. Members may bring a guest three (3) times per year before they are required to join the club. Non-members may attend and participate in any scheduled match.
6. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are permitted at the range.
7. The range is open to all members and the public for all scheduled shooting matches and events.
8. ABSOLUTELY NO SHOOTING is permitted on any part of the range when:
1. Another person is down-range.
2. The farmers are working in the adjacent fields.
3. Range maintenance is in progress or when city work is in progress behind the range.
4. The Range Master calls for a "Cease Fire".
5. The warning system is activated. (The person who activated the warning system is responsible to shut it down when it is safe to resume shooting.)
9. All Firearms MUST BE EMPTY AND AT REST while another person is down range.
10. ALL LOADED FIREARMS MUST be pointed in a safe direction down-range at all times.
11. EYE & EAR PROTECTION should be worn at all times when on the firing line.
12. Bottles, cans, computers, fire extinguishers and other garbage ARE NOT PERMITTED to be used as targets. Only paper targets placed on the provided target stands are permitted.
13. Rigid Steel targets ARE NOT permitted due to the proximity of the new water treatment facility and the possibility of ricochets.
14. Use paper targets on the provided target stands or pallets.As of April 10th, 2010 there are NO steel targets or steel target holders allowed on the range. The reason is to eliminate ricochets.
Anyone caught purposely damaging club property or misusing the range, will lose their membership and maybe prosecuted by law.
Post targets on the backing material between the 2x4’s so the stands last longer.
Do not shoot posts or the new pvc target stand holders.
Nothing should be set on top of the posts or target stands to shoot at.
Do not drag items (trash) onto the range to shoot at.
Large caliber rifles do not belong on the pistol side of the range.
Clean up after yourself (meaning brass, Shotgun Hulls, empty ammo boxes and trash).
If you destroy a target stand on the pistol side, either the frame broken or the backing board gone, replace it with a new one before leaving. Put the old one in the dumpster.
Brooms, rakes shovels, rolling magnet and dust pans are in the building for all to use. If trash cans are full they can be dumped in the dumpster. We have a hand cart in the building with straps to secure the can for hauling to the dumpster. The dumpster key is on a large green key chain hanging on the west wall in the building. Please lock the dumpster back up.
Reactive Self-sealing Targets
DO NOT SHOOT them with a shotgun, shot of any kind or slug.
DO NOT SHOOT them with machine gun fire.
When using a center fire rifle, only shoot targets 4” or smaller or animal targets. Otherwise the targets will be ripped open like a knife went through them, per manufacturer.
Paper Targets & Staple Guns
Paper targets and staple guns are in the building for all members to use. We have various targets for both pistol and rifle use. Please put the staple guns back when finished.
15. NO SHOOTING of less than fifty (50) yards is permitted on the rifle range. Use only the pistol range for short-range shooting.
16. NO PRACTICE OR OTHER SHOOTING is permitted during scheduled matches without permission from the Range Officer running the match.
17. Always be courteous, but don't hesitate to point out the RANGE RULES to anyone who is not abiding by them.
18. COMMON SENSE must be used where rules are lacking.
19. ANNUAL DUES are due every January. The gate combination will be changed every February.
KNOW AND ABIDE THESE RULES AT ALL TIMES ON THE RANGEWe need a rough headcount for the campground. If you plan to camp, please respond to this threadhttp://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108295