Search found 252 matches
- Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:36 pm
- Forum: British Empire and Commonwealth
- Topic: 1941 Lithgow - but marked 'JJ Co' - not a parts gun?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7899
Newbie to the SMLE No1 Mk3 world checking in! Intro - This post here (below) cautions readers about parts guns being imported as new by John Jovino, but that which are made up from new parts ... assembled here, not Lithgow factory arms. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=388 My No...
FLAT ... for proof in another caliber, look at the profiles of special 'small game' 22LR hunting bullets. All of them essentially have a flat filed onto the nose of a roundnose bullet. Technically such a profile is called a 'melplat'. And please don't call it a 'flat melplat', as that would be redun...
- Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 am
- Forum: Reloading
- Topic: Reloading Accurate Rifle Ammo: Neck vs Full Length Sizing
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4829
Am very surprised you didn't mention that typically neck sizing is best used on bolt guns and full-length sizing is typically needed on gas guns ...
- Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:02 pm
- Forum: US Rifles
- Topic: M1/M14 marring other riflestocks in your gunsafe?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8955
I have a plastic sight protector that slip over the rear & front sights (M1) and have been placing a yellow "thread protector" rubber cap on the op handle. Any hardware store carries them. Some places sell them as 'vacuum caps' to protect oil/gas line fitting ends.